Monday, June 26, 2006

Sambar of 69

I had my first real six rupees,
stole it from my father's pants.
went to a madrasi hotel,
to eat the sambhar of 69.

Me and some kadke dost,
had it all and we caught bukhaar,
jimy puked, joey got ulcers,
and Bagga ne maari dakar.

Oh when I went back there now,
the food was as stale as ever,
and though it was 1999,
still the sambhar was being served over there,

that was the worst food of my life.

Therez no use in complaining,
when you got no other place to eat,
rushed in the evening to the doctors clinic,
but he too was at the toilet seat, yeah

standing there waiting outside,
nurse told me I will wait forever,
oh and when I held my breath,
I knew that I had to use that loo there

That was the worst food of my life.

Back to the sambhar of 69.

Man I was getting killed,
I was full and restless,
I needed to unwind,
I guess nothing can wait forever - FOREVER

8 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sreejith K. said...

Great post. Incase you are the writer of this parady, this work has been excellent. Great.

Why dont you start a malayalam blog as well.

രാജീവ് സാക്ഷി | Rajeev Sakshi said...

അതെ ഇടയ്ക്കെന്തെങ്കിലുമൊക്കെ മലയാളത്തിലും എഴുതൂ.

myexperimentsandme said...

ഞാനോര്‍ത്തു, ചിക്കന്‍ 65 പോലത്തെ, സാമ്പാര്‍ 69 ആണോ എന്ന്. കൊള്ളാം. മാ തിരു ഭാഷാക്കുറിപ്പുകളും പോരട്ടെ.

Kalesh Kumar said...

മലയാ‍ളം വരട്ടെ!

:: niKk | നിക്ക് :: said...

Thanks for dropping the comments Sreejith, Saakshi, Vakkarimashta :-)

I hope you know the song by Brian Adams "Summer of 69" :P

:: niKk | നിക്ക് :: said...

കലേഷേട്ടാ, മ‌ല‌യാള‌മ് ഉടനെ പ്രതീക്ഷിക്കാമ് !!!

ഫാര്‍സി said...

വളരെ നന്നായിരിക്കുന്നു...
കേരളത്തിലെ ജനങ്ങളുടെ അല്പായുസ്സിന് കാരണം നമ്മളുടെ ഭക്ഷണം തനെയല്ലെ?